Walking guided tour Park ok Murgia (shuttled included)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Price: from 25€
Visit the Park of Murgia and its paleolithic caves with a licensed hiking guide and enjoy the wonderful view of Sassi of Matera, set of many interational films.
- the "Belvedere" (panoramic viewpoint) and its paleolithic caves
- the most suggestive panoramic view of Sassi
- set of many famous international films, like "The Passion" (directed by Mel Gibson)
The Park of Murgia is one of the local attractions that you can’t miss, with its caves, the canyon and the rock churches with beautiful frescoes inside. Named Unesco Heritage Site, in the Park of Murgia you will find the most evocative views. On board of our shuttle, you will reach the Park, where you will find a licensed hiking guide to start your journey back in time. You will walk along archaeological paths and enter in some Paleolithic caves, evidence of human settlements since the Stone Age. The tour guide will provide information about the history, fauna and flora of this ancient place. You will be fully involved in the history of mankind and its evolution. Moreover, you will admire the amazing panoramic view of Sassi from Murgia Timone viewpoint. In front of you, there will be the breathtaking view of the two districts, Sasso Barisano and Sasso Caveoso, divided by Civita hill and the Cathedral.
from our infoPoint A in via Rocco Scotellaro n.4
- Via Rocco Scotellaro, 4, Matera, MT, Italia
- Multi-storey car park, in via Rocco Scotellaro (exactly in front of our agency) € 1,50/h
- Outdoor parking on blue stripes nearby in via Lucana, via Gramsci or via Passarelli € 0,70/h or € 0,50/h (8:00-13:30 and 16:00-20:30)
Train Stations & Bus Stops
- Central Station, 10 minutes walking distance from our ticket office