VISIT THE PARK OF THE ROCK CHURCHES, THE LARGEST VIEWPOINT OF THE SASSI OF MATERA ABOARD OUR ECOLOGICAL SIGHTSEEING BUS AND ENJOY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ATTRACTIONS OF MATERA WITH TOTAL COMFORT.
Sightseeing Bus Tour Park of Murgia
- Duration: 90min
- Price: €15
With our sightseeing bus tour to the Park of Murgia, you will discover wonderful places in total comfort. The bus will take you to the panoramic viewpoint par excellence from which you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the Sassi of Matera.
- "Belvedere" (panoramic viewpoint) and its paleolithic caves
- the most suggestive panoramic view of the Sassi of Matera
- sightseeing eco-bus
- tour leader on board
- set of many famous international films, like "The Passion" (film of Mel Gibson)
With our bus tour to the Park of Murgia, you will discover wonderful places in total comfort. The bus will take you to the panoramic viewpoint par excellence, called "Belvedere", from which you will enjoy a breathtaking view of Sassi and Civita and the beauty of the Park of Murgia as well. Once arrived, you will be enraptured by the scents and smells of plants that grow on the park such as thyme, savory and many others. If you are lucky you will also see flying over the area some specimens of Falco Grillaio, a typical species of the Murgia area. During the planned stop of 30 minutes, you will walk on ancient paths to discover caves inhabited since the Paleolithic, but also get close to one of the 150 rock churches in the area to see wonderful frescoes. The journey will be enriched by a tour leader who will explain the history of Matera and the Park of Murgia, also designated a World Heritage Site, and who will also show you the main local attractions and tell you anecdotes and traditions of the city of Sassi.
- transfer with sightseeing bus
- tour leader aboard
- stop in Belvedere of Murgia Timone (30 minutes of free time)
- map of Sassi of Matera
- hop-on hop-off tour
- stops not indicated in the itinerary
- entrance in the rock churches
- guided tour with a tour guide
- tasting of local products
- everything that is not indicated in the section "Inclusive services"
- in summer months: a bottle of water, sunscreen and mosquito spray
- in winter months: jacket and dress in layers
- max 18 people aboard
- English, Italian
- pets allowed (max 2 per tour)
- this is not a hop-on hop-off ticket, there will be only one stop where you'll be able to get off the bus
- if you cancel within 48 hours before the date of the tour, you will receive a 80% refund of the total amountif you cancel your booking in less than 48 hours, you arrive late or you don’t show up, no refund will be provided
- full refund is provided only if the tour is cancelled by Matera City Tour (badweather does not imply the cancellation of the tour)
The meeting point is in in via Rocco Scotellaro n.4, at Matera City Tour agency (infoPoint A)
- Via Rocco Scotellaro, 4, Matera, MT, Italia
- Multi-storey car park, in via Rocco Scotellaro (exactly in front of our agency) € 1,50/h
- Outdoor parking on blue stripes nearby in via Lucana, via Gramsci or via Passarelli € 0,70/h or € 0,50/h (8:00-13:30 and 16:00-20:30)
- Central Station, 10 minutes walking distance from our ticket office
Professionalità e cortesia ★★★★★
Matera merita di essere visitata con un supporto professionale come questo. Molto professionali e sopratutto cortesi. La voglia di valorizzare la propria terra, aldilà dell’interesse commerciale trova in questa struttura la massima espressione, la signora, immagino la proprietaria, è stata fin da subito, e non avevamo ancora preso nessun ticket da loro, molto cortese nel rispondere ad alcune nostre richieste di informazioni. Abbiamo fatto con loro il bellissimo tour del parco della Murgia con il bus scoperto. Al termine del percorso, circa 90 minuti, per farvi capire la cortesia, hanno offerto ai partecipanti una degustazione di prodotti tipici locali. Noi da Genova siamo abituati ad altri trattamenti, qui sembrava un sogno. Consigliatissimo per alleggerirsi per gli spostamenti e vedere Matera con un occhio diverso.