Hiking Park of Murgia and Rope Bridge (italian)
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Price: from 30€
Immerse yourself in nature and discover the ancient hidden places in the Park of Murgia with a licensed hiking guide crossing the Rope Bridge.
- rossing of the rope bridge at 9 meters from the ground
- reach the "Belvedere" (panoramic viewpoint) and its paleolithic caves
- the most suggestive panoramic view of Sassi
- sunset hike with panoramic view of Sassi lit up
- set of many famous international films, like "The Passion" (directed by Mel Gibson)
The hiking tour in the Park of Murgia is perfect for you if you want to immerse yourself in nature, discover hidden places and satisfy your sense of adventure. You will start your tour in Sassi, walking characteristic paths along the canyon up to Gravina stream, where you will cross the rope bridge that connect the two banks, at 9 meters from the ground. You will admire beautiful landscapes and hidden gems with our hiking guide who will lead you along archeological paths and paleolithic caves, telling you the history of these prehistoric places. At the end of the tour you will come back in town on board of our shuttle.
The meeting point with the guide for the strart of the visit is in Piazza Postergola (Porta Pistola), 15 min walk from infopoint A of our agency
- Porta Pistola, Matera, MT, Italia
- Multi-storey car park, in via Rocco Scotellaro (exactly in front of our agency) € 1,50/h
- Outdoor parking on blue stripes nearby in via Lucana, via Gramsci or via Passarelli € 0,70/h or € 0,50/h (8:00-13:30 and 16:00-20:30)
Train Stations & Bus Stops
- Central Station, 10 minutes walking distance from our ticket office